The Boeing Company is currently looking for a Electronic Packaging and Product Design Engineer for our Space Electronics organization. As a Electronic Packaging and Product Design Engineer, you will be designing future generations of satellite electronics. This position is located in El Segundo, CA and a Basic Relocation Plan is being offered.
- Analyzes customer and system requirements to develop basic architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products.
- Develops high-level and detailed designs consistent with requirements and specifications.
- Validates designs through various methods of review, testing and analysis.
- Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements.
- Supports Supplier Management with make/buy recommendations and other technical services of limited scope.
- Provides engineering support throughout the lifecycle of the product.
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
- Works under general direction.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Space and Launch
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience in Electronic Packaging Design in any of the following disciplines: Airborne, Space, Digital, RF or Power mechanical systems
- Experience in mechanical stress and structural analysis and test
- Experience in mechanical fatigue analysis
- Experience in mechanical CAD design
- Requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience in mechanical thermal analysis and test
- Experience in requirements comprehension and translating them into flight/prototype designs
- Experience delivering working products through design, verification, test and Unit Sell-Off
- Experience working in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Experience working with customers and suppliers
- Experience performing to fixed cost and schedule
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to work in teams
- General knowledge of Digital, RF and Power subsystem development
- Airborne and Space knowledge
- Understanding of Printed Circuit Board design
Job ID 1800077238