Electronic Markets Support Engineer
Our client, a world wide Investment bank is seeking a talented Electronic Markets Support Engineer to support the GM electronic market access systems. This candidate must have strong knowledge of Operating Systems (Linux), Network and scriptinglanguages such as Python, Perl or Shell scripts. He/She must have recent experience as System Administrator or Network engineer. The candidate will provide 1st level support on the back-end application, so troubleshooting skills, reactivity and efficiency under pressure are key for this role.
- First level support on Order Routing system (back-end) for GM FO desks.
- Understand the whole production set-up from start of day to end of the day processes.
- Has the ability to identify issues quickly, knowing their potential consequences on the trading.
- Communicate with Exchanges, Development and Front-ends teams
- Participate in UAT, deployment of application server components
- Write and maintain production scripts
- Communicate progress and problems to management, estimating work schedules and anticipating and avoiding problems.
- 3+ years of experience in finance industry (in Order routing systems/electronic market support would be a plus)
- 2+ year of recent experience in either Unix System administration or Networkengineering
- B.S in Computer Science or other related field of study
- Strong FIX protocol experience
- Basic DB (SQL), client/server knowledge
- System tuning/performances monitoring and analysis
- Strong knowledge of scripts programming, UNIX OS and good Networkarchitecture knowledge
- Troubleshooting/problems solving
- Scriptinglanguages (Shell scripts, Python or Perl)
- Knowledge of Front to Back trading life cycle
- Small project management experience
- Experience with Linux performance tuning (application/OS/network)
- Experiencetroubleshootingtelecommunication issues
- Low latency monitoring platform, pcap analysis (Wireshark, etc…)