This is a senior position on a Na Ali'i IT and Communications services program open to experienced individuals. The ideal candidate will provide operational knowledge and support of Department of Defense (DoD) networks and systems and will administer the Coalition Electronic Key Management System (CEKMS) and the USPACOM Regional COMSEC Account.
Education & Experience
• Must have at least 2 years of experience as a COMSEC Manager. Must have direct hands on experience with the requirements detailed with in NSA CSS Policy Manual 3.16 and KMI 5110 Version 1 Dated May 2017.
• Must have a strong background in C4I System and Networks and shall be experienced in theory of all aspects of COMSEC equipment and System to include Secure Communications Internet Protocol (SCIP devices, Secure Analog and Data Service devices, SECTERA Wireline Terminal (SWT), Secure Telephone Equipment (STE) and SECTERA VIPER Phone.
• Must be able to clearly articulate COMSEC concerns, including recommended Courses of Actions both verbally and writing, to U.S. and Host Nations senior leadership.
• Must complete KMI operations training provided by NSA/DoD Service sponsored agency.
• Must attend the COMSEC Managers Course training within three months of contract start.
Skills & Qualifications
• Must meet IAM I minimum qualifications (One required: CAP, GSLC, or Security+ CE).
• Must have a Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
• Receive, store, and transfer COMSEC inventories and manage transaction files in accordance with NSA CSS Policy Manual 3.16.
• Document quarterly inventories and inspections of all stored COMSEC equipment, KEYMAT, documents, and materials using the NSA Central Office of Record (COR) website.
• Perform routine destruction of COMSEC material when required or affect other disposition of material as directed by the NSA COR keying material Controlling Authority (CONAUTH).
• Conduct an inventory of a new COMSEC Custodian by physically sighting all COMSEC material charged to the account and reconcile this inventory with the COR.
• Update COMSEC publications held by the account with all published amendments. Accomplish required page checks on all keying material (as specified in U.S. policy manuals and U.S. COMSEC authorities) and on all publications when they are received, returned from hand receipt, transferred, destroyed, when a change of COMSEC Custodian occurs, and when posting amendments which include replacement pages to ensure completeness of each publication.
• Notify the NSA COR's COMSEC Registration office pending account re-location.
• Provide reporting/documentation on:
o The current status of COMSEC-related issues during the United States Command and Control Interoperability Board (CCIB) and Interoperability Management Boards (IMB) meetings.
o Status reports concerning new requirements or modifications to existing requirements to be serviced by the COMSEC Regional Account.
o Accounting records, meeting minutes, status of COMSEC devices & keys, inventoryreports, after action reports, travel / trip reports, and transfer, destruction, and possession reports.
• Develop and maintain in-country distribution plans in conjunction with Office of Defense Cooperation (ODC), Joint U.S. Military Advisory Groups (JUSMAG), Ministry of Defense (MINDEF), and host nations.
• Provide on-site/on-equipment informal unit training to coalition personnel on installation, and operating techniques pertaining to the adjustment, calibration, troubleshooting, bench check, and inspection of all COMSEC equipment and systems.
• Provide keying material during emergency and/or contingency situations.
• Develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in coordination with the USPACOM Theater COMSEC Manager for all issues concerning COMSEC equipment, KEYMAT, and associated information that has been provided to our coalition countries.