The individual is an established engineer or technologist who works on a range of hardware development projects and can identify issues and make hardware development and process related changes. The individual may also lead hardware development projects and mentor junior and intermediatedevelopers.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Works on assigned projects where the objectives may only be defined at a high level and where many components have no prior art.
- Shows good understanding and ability to analyze complex electronic circuits.
- Design of newcircuits, schematics, and printedcircuitboards using but not limited to:
- Conducting tests, analysis and performs research; recommends solutions for review
- Specifying/testing new components and/or circuits
- Certification agency requirements
- PCB development software
- Tests/debugs/documentsnew hardware designs using but not limited to:
- Prototype testing
- Physical test sites
- Documents testing results
- Works with regulatory agencies to certify products to safety standards.
- Create artwork for labels, overlays.
- Provides necessary PCB documents for production use.
- Calculates material quality & quantity and recommends components for purchasing decision review.
- Collaborates with other departments or Watts companies to develop electronic hardware.
- Creates and maintains hardware development and engineering details including project hardware specifications and project plans.
- Provides advice and mentoring to junior electronic hardware designers.
- Takes lead in troubleshooting and solving hardware design problems. Offers documented solutions.
- Compiles and analyzes data; prepares information reports. Provides input into technical decisions.
- Provides project leadership within scope of position and accountabilities.
- Uses Microsoft Office®, the company ERP system, and applicable graphic/PCB software.
*Other duties as required
An Electrical/Electronic Engineering Degree or Technologist Diploma with a minimum of 7 years of experience in electronic hardware development.
No direct reports.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- At least seven years of electronics design experience relevant to the principal responsibilities and duties described; current in applicable technologies.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Understanding of software development principles with some programming experience
- Conceptual mechanical design using graphical software such as Adobe Illustrator, MS Viso and/or 3D CAD software
- Understanding of Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system principles and controls
- Works in an office/laboratory environment.
- Ability to move throughout the manufacturing and office areas.
- Alternates between sitting, standing, lifting of items and moving within the work area.
- Must be able to manipulate equipment used in performance of tasks.
- Other demands include but not limited to oral, written, and presentation/communications skills.