Duties include hardware design of industrial low voltage embedded circuit solutions, schematic design and capture, PCB layout, troubleshooting of design issues as well as regulatory/certification process and engineering support throughout the product life cycle.
- Design, develop circuit and PCB layouts for SMT & Through Hole applications for Industrial control low power I/O devices, solenoid coil drivercircuits and industrialnetwork communication applications
- Circuit design to CE EMI/EMC testing standards (e.g. EN 55011-1998, IEC 61000-4, IEC 61000-6, etc…)
- Create component specification and hardware test specification based on required parameter, performance and cost criteria
- Interface with firmware design/development team and mechanicalengineering team
- Provide post production support by identifying complex technical issues, evaluating options and implementing solutions
- Specify appropriate test equipment and engineering tools
- Contribute to cost reduction programs of existing product designs
- Contribute new and innovative ideas to rapidly evolving business development activities
- BSEE/ BSEET/ BSCE with at least 7 years’ experience or 10+ years of equivalent experience
- Digital design experience including logic, microcontrollers, SPI, I2C, RS485, etc…
- Microchip PIC family, MPLAB, Atmel AVR, Freescale, ARM, ColdFire, SoC, etc…
- Experience with schematics, component data sheets and electronic test equipment.
- Altium Schematic Capture and Layout tools
- Analog design experience including active/passive filters, amplifiers, 0 -10V, 4-20mA, etc…
- Switching power supply circuits
- FPGA design using VHDL helpful
- Knowledge of C/C++ language in embedded environments helpful
- Knowledge of industrialnetworks (EtherNet/IP, PROFINET, DeviceNet, Profibus-DP, EtherCAT, etc…) a definite plus
- Circuit simulation experience a plus
- Proven track record of designing and analyzing electronic and embedded solutions including ability to perform electronic design calculations
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to respond and adapt to changing priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are a must.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.