Ikun, a wholly owned subsidiary of Akima, LLC, is focused on serving the Department of Defense; Department of Homeland Security and Federal Law Enforcement communities with comprehensive Strategy & Operations, Information Technology & Cyber Security, Materiel Management & Logistics, and Domestic Operations Center capabilities. Easily scalable to any size project, the magnitude of Ikun’s experience and core competency depth enables us to collaborate with our customers at a strategic level and manage all facets associated with their most complex and demanding mission requirements—anywhere in the world. The Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) manager is the individual responsible for the maintenance, operation and training for the EFB system. This position is pending upon contract award. Responsibilities:
- Ensure the electronic flight bag servers have all required software patches and can operate on the Air Force computer network.
- Plan upgrades to the servers at such a time to have minimal impact on daily operations.
- Schedule and upgrade the EFB system software as updates become available from the EFB vendor. These upgrades will be scheduled with the EFB vendor and shall be planned to have minimal impact on daily operations.
- Work with Wing/Group OSS to develop procedures to utilize EFB for missions, scheduling and training functions.
- Train squadron personnel how to interface with the EFB system according to developed procedures.
- Provide periodic training sessions covering all the modules in EFB to unit personnel.
- Compile inputs for improvements to the EFB system and provide the inputs to the EFB Working Group.
- Test new versions of the EFB and software as they are released and recommend improvements.
- Interface with Wing Plans and Programs to ensure all requirements of AFIs are met, being completed as scheduled or waived.
- Manage EFB program and devices as well as interface with Stan/Eval and Training offices.
- Ensure that all DoD IS cybersecurity related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals.
- Minimum one (1) year of experiencetroubleshooting and loading software on computers at a minimum of squadron-level.
- Must have a current Secret clearance.
Employee may be trained and cross-utilized at the Contractor’s discretion to assist on any additional tasks. Cross-utilization may occur when needed to provide support in each of the functional tasks.
Prospective employees will receive consideration without discrimination because of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.