The Electronic Engineer Jr. Communication is responsible for the maintenance of all electronic equipment and systems as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer to ensure safe operation, environmental protection and passenger comfort.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of electronic systems onboard as directed by the Chief Electrical Engineer.
- The Electronic Engineer Jr. Communication main areas of responsibilities are the maintenance and repair of satellite communication systems, C-Band satellite communication to ensure that the system is operating to optimum performance, telephone system, internal communication systems including portable radios and pagers, satellite TV system, VHF radios, public address system.
- Responsible for reporting any concerns with the electronic systems to the Chief Electrical Engineer and Technical Operations Communications Manager.
- The Electronic Engineer Jr. / Communication must be familiar with safety routines and ensure that the necessary safeguards are in place before any maintenance/repair work commences.
- Must be familiar with Class Rules and industry standards and the implication of any modifications to electrical systems.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or as directed. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
QUALIFICATIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of one year prior experience working with electronic equipment such as satellite, telephones, radio and/or P.A. systems is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level English verbal and writing skills, including the proper use of English grammar is required.
- Basic to Intermediate knowledge of electronic equipment and systems is required.
- Intermediate to Advanced level of proficiency in electronic trouble shooting and solving electronic problems is required.
- High school diploma or foreign equivalent is required
- Position-specific STCW training from an accredited educational institution is required
- Must be able to work independently
- Passionate about hospitality and customer service driven
- Must have a professional appearance and good hygiene
- Respect for all co-workers and guests
- Pride in your work by creating positive energy, excitement and fun
- Able to work 7 days a week
- Demonstrate positive behaviors; smiling, being polite and courteous
- Able to develop a camaraderie with team members
- Ability to live in close quarters, share limited space with other cabin-mates.