Boeing is seeking an Electronics Controls Engineer for the Design Engineering team on the Patriot Advanced Capability-3 (PAC-3) missile-defense program. The Design Engineering team is responsible for designing the PAC-3 RADAR seeker upgrades and next generation concepts, as well as supporting production and special test equipment design. Boeing has a multi-yearcontract to develop, test, and manufacture the PAC-3 RADAR seeker. This program encompasses concurrent design, test and manufacturing as new upgrades are incorporated into production. This long-term program is rapidly growing in Huntsville due to design updates, production growth, and Boeing facilities consolidations.
The Electronics Controls Engineer needs to be knowledgeable in control theory, electronic control circuitry, and have past experience using Matlab SimuLink tools. It would be preferred for the candidate to have experience in Gimbal or robotics design. The candidate will familiarize themselves with new Gimbal Simulink Model and will add and validate additional modes. The completed model will be used to support Gimbal integration and hardware in the loop testing.
Note: Throughout the remainder of 2018 the travel will be more extensive (>25% to Huntington Beach, CA.) due to site transition activities are completed.
- Work in a group of electrical and mechanical engineers in the design upgrade of analog and digital controls subsystem from SimuLink simulation targeting small form factored System on Chip (SoC) hardware/software, through PCB layout, assembly, including integration and test both at the subsystem and system level
- Perform and support analysis of customer and system requirements to help development of architectural approaches and detailed specifications for various electronic products
- Develop and support high-level and detailed electronic designs consistent with requirements and specifications
- Perform testing and analysis activities to establish compliance to requirements
- Identifies, tracks and statuses technical performance measures to measure progress and ensure compliance with requirements
- Work with suppliers and Supplier Management to resolve technical issues and new component development
- Provide design solutions and analyses in support of production related issues and continuous improvement efforts
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Missiles and Weapon Systems
Relocation Assistance Available
No. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit.
Basic Qualifications (Required):
- This position requires an active Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
- Must have a BS, MS, or PhD in Electrical Engineering (or related science/technology degree)
- A minimum of 1 years experience with controls systems design
- Experience in Matlab and Simulink
- Experience with gimbals or robotics
- Experience in integration and test.
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 5 or more years' experience, Master's degree with 3 or more years' experience or PhD degree with experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.