The Southern California Design Center is currently seeking an experienced Electronics/Avionics Systems Fleet Support Engineer with advanced and /or broad knowledge of Boeing electronics/avionics system design and
- Assesses and resolves electrical/avionics system product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
- Leads research of electrical/avionics system technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
- Designs and/or provides electrical/avionics systems analysis of interim and final engineering solutions to return airplanes to revenue service.
- Works with and possibly directs cross-functional teams to conduct root cause analysis and develop dispositions for complex electrical/avionics design non-conformances.
- Assesses complex system events reports to determine potential safety issues.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Oversees documentation of hardware related problems.
- Identifies the need for technical training.
- Participates in and may lead activities for on-site disabled product repair teams.
- Participates in accident investigation support teams.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
- Solves problems concerning and provides other support of fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Leads analysis and translation of complex requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs andinterface specifications.
- Works with others to develop program test strategies.
- Manages performance of critical suppliers to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Conducts program independent reviews and reports results to program leadership.
- Provides critical support of fielded avionics system hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Leads research into technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
- Recognized as a business unit-wide expert in qualification, physical and functional integration and installation design and resolving supplier technical issues.
**The position requires flexibility to work a nonstandard schedule including holidays and weekends to support the fleet operating 24/7/365**.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Typical Education and/or Experience
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering related discipline
- Experience performing aircraft electrical/avionics systems development, maintenance at an airline, delivery center, or in flight test environment
Desired Qualifications (Preferred Skills/Experience):
- Systems Troubleshooting with flight ramp experience
- Airline Maintenance Operations experience
- A & P License
- Wide body aircraft experience