Description: Job Title: Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) EngineerJob Location: USA-UT-Salt Lake CityJob Code: CS20202810-52307L3Harris
in Salt Lake City, Utah
currently has a position open for an EMI/EMC Engineer.Responsibilities:
- Perform design and test activities to achieve EMI compliance.
- Apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, and evaluate L3T programs for Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3).
- Create an EMI Control Plan, Test Plan, Test Procedure, Test Report and other applicable documents.
- Perform required pre-test setup and calibration measurements prior to testing.
- Direct EMI testing activities and participate in EMI related system and sub-system troubleshooting efforts.
- Interface with other members of the program engineering team, manufacturing team and the customer as required.
- Interface with external suppliers to upgrade their products for EMI compliance, when necessary.
- BS degree in a related engineering field, with 3-5 years of experience is required.
- A working knowledge of electromagnetic theory, radiated and conducted emissions, signal and power coupling effects, susceptibility of systems, Electromagnetic Interference (EMI), Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3), Lightning effects, EMP and HEMP.
- A strong focus on designing for, and testing to MIL-STD-461, MIL-STD-464 and RTCA/DO-160 specifications. Knowledge of Commercial (FCC, CE-Mark, RTCA DO-160) and Military (UK DEF-STAN 59-41) specifications and related qualification testing is beneficial but not required.
- Experience with assembling and troubleshooting EMI/EMC test setups.
- Experience with EMI/EMC design techniques for wide-band, high-isolation performance, signal containment, source suppression and RF grounding. Applicable for PCBs, sub-assemblies and system-level hardware for hand-held, aircraft, ground, and shipboard systems and platforms.
- Experience with EMC simulation software tools is desired. (i.e. SPICE, Ansys HFSS or other EM simulators, Keysight ADS and IBIS model development based tool sets)
- Experience with common lab equipment, such as: Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, Receivers, Signal Generators, RF amplifiers, Antennas, EMI current probes.
- Experience with EMI test software, EMI shield rooms/chambers and associated maintenance.