BOMBARDIER At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel. In your role, you will:
- Be responsible at the aircraft and system level for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI)/High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF)/Lightning Strike/ Electrostatic Discharge technical requirements.
- Have knowledge of relevant industry standards (RTCA/DO-160, SAE ARP) and high level of familiarity with airworthiness (TCCA, FAA, EASA) Regulations and Advisory Materials pertaining to EMI, HIRF, Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge.
- Execute intermediate to complex engineering assignments related to EMI, HIRF, and Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge requirements.
- Analyze new systems designs, assess technical impacts, propose EMC compliance approaches, review/approve technical documents, test plans, test procedures and test reports, and check compliance with certification regulations
- Define scope of work for EMC effort of technical/engineering projects, estimate the time required, plan, highlights technical risks and execute according to priorities.
- Define technical requirements, test requirements and perform detailed analysis to ensure aircraft and systems compliance to EMC certification regulations.
- Prepare EMI, HIRF, Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge test procedures, execute tests in laboratories and on aircraft and generate results and analysis test reports.
- Support and witness EMC tests in Canada, United States and Europe as needed
- Prepare Certification Design Compliance Reports
- Apply and recommend improvements to Bombardier Aerospace standards and best practices
As our ideal candidate,
- You hold a Master degree in Electrical or EMC Engineering, or alternatively a Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Physics Engineering with a minimum of eight (5) years of experience in aircraft EMC/HIRF/Lightning/Electrostatic Discharge (FAR 25.981 is an asset),
- You have 5 years of experience or more in an aerospace manufacturing company,
- You have EMC bench and/or aircraft testing experience,
- You have a minimum of five (5) years working experience with systems qualification/certification,
- You have knowledge of harness design, aircraft design principles including familiarity with aircraft regulatory requirements,
- You are proficient with the use of PC including Microsoft Office software tools.
- You are an energetic person with strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills, a high sense of commitment, and a willingness to accept responsibilities while acting independently in a high-pressure partner/supplier team environment.