$200K — $250K *
Description:Are you passionate about state-of-the-art technology in space exploration, and seeing your work applied to real life applications that travel to space? Then you should join Lockheed Martin Space's Optical Payload Center of Excellence (OPCoE) for space applications as a Senior Staff Electro-Optical Engineer!
Our Remote Sensing Group is seeking an Electro-Optical Engineer to support Electro-Optical Payload System development with a focus on the integrated Payload System. Your primary responsibilities will include all aspects of development and integration activities for our Electro-Optical Payload Systems, including flight and ground software. As a Certified Principal Engineer (CPE), you will provide program technical support for hardware design, hardware and software interface compatibility, verification event development, test program coordination and hardware delivery. You may be asked to support the development of Payload system level impacts for proposals, risks and opportunities, concept of operations development, requirements generation and flow down across multiple components.
You will support a Payload Subcontract Management Team overseeing a Payload subcontractor or an in-house Integrated Product Team and will be exposed to multiple areas of expertise to provide discriminative capabilities in Electro-Optical sensing. Must be able to work in a classified environment, and a current TS/SCI or DOE-Q clearance is required.
Our new colleague is someone who demonstrates excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as a willingness to travel for the role. You enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment. We are looking for someone with experience all phases of the development cycle as well as technical and programmatic interaction with subcontractors or internal design teams. You should have experience developing and presenting material at program reviews (e.g. Systems Readiness Reviews, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews, etc.).
You would typically have a Bachelors degree and 14 - 20 years of professional experience, a Masters and 12 - 18 years, or a PhD and 9 - 15 years.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin fosters an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking.
• Bachelor's Degree in a technical/engineering field;
or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Background in development of space flight Electro-Optical payloads, major subsystems, or complex defense systems
• Engineering Team Lead experience
• Experience operating in a multi-disciplinary environment (mechanical, electronics, systems engineering, quality, etc.)
• Experience working with executive leadership
• Active Clearance TS/SCI or DOE-Q
• Advanced Degree in Engineering or Science
• Lockheed Martin Space Certified Principal Engineer certification
• Experience working with specialty engineering - Parts Materials & Process approvals, reliability analysis, contamination modeling, material applications, parts engineering, etc.
• Experience in verification and test planning, management, and execution of assembly, integration & test phase elements including product qualification
• Managing the technical content of design reviews at the Payload and component levels and ensure successful closure of all action items and design artifacts
• Experience with optical system design, manufacture, assembly, alignment or test.
Valid through: 11/8/2020
$200K — $250K
11 days ago
$80K — $100K
15 days ago
$80K — $100K
15 days ago