ASML brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging specialist, you will be responsible for developing portions of the lithography system and/or associated tooling related to the electronics infrastructure.
As a Mechanical Engineer- Electronics Packaging Specialist you will:
- Perform mechanical design and development associated with packaging electronic circuits including, assembly design, analysis, test, and manufacturing introduction support for both new and existing electronics design projects.
- Understand and mitigate possible failure mechanisms associated with materials, interconnects, and environmental loads to develop a reliable design.
- Communicate with a team of multi-disciplined engineers (Systems , Electrical, Mechanical, Manufacturing, New Product Logistics, and Product Information Management) for design and logistic release approval.
- Investigate and edit product structures, generate CAD models, 2D/3D drawings and be responsible for the final technical data package.
- Create, edit, review, and drive Engineering Changes to closure.
- Self-Checking and Peer-Checking department designs and change notifications.
BS Engineering with a major in any of the following, or equivalent experience:
- Mechanical Engineering (with Electronics Packaging Experience preferred)
- Industrial Engineering (taken under advisement based on work experience)
- 5 to 10 years of Mechanical design & logistics.
- Ability to design and document all aspects of the electrical infrastructure including:
- AC, DC, Main power distribution (panel boards, boxes and cabinets).
- Interconnect cables, bundles and connectors (harnessing).
- Electronic racks, cabinets, control consoles.
- Interfacing with printed circuit board designs.
- Modeling of flex and rigid PWB’s including volumes and critical part locations.
- Experience designing electronic enclosure assemblies.
- Experience in sheet metal design.
- Experience designing for manufacturability (DFM) and developing assembly work instructions for low to medium volume products.
- Experience with 3D solid modeling for design conceptualization and realization (preferred experience using NX).
- Experience supporting design fit check during integration & testing of electrical & electronic systems at the module, sub-system & system level.
- Knowledgeable of industry codes and standards ( i.e. NEC 70, NFPA 79, Machine Tool Standards).
- Knowledge of FEA is a plus.
- Working knowledge of wiring diagrams and schematic diagrams.
- Working knowledge of design drafting best practices including geometric dimensioning:
- Perform dimensional and tolerance analysis as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required:
- Ability to write assembly, test procedures, test specifications and test reports.
- 3D CAD - NX preferred (currently using NX11), other 3D CAD programs acceptable.
- DMS - TeamCenter preferred (currently using TC10), other DMS programs acceptable.
- Master Data- SAP, other Master Data Management systems acceptable.
- The position requires highly motivated, extremely organized and self-driven individuals.