Job Title:Electrical Test Technician
Systems Test Lab Operations Techniciansupporting developmental, sustaining and emergent test requirements on all airplane model engineering test benches.
Supports the coordination of test requirements and assists in reviewing test methods and capabilities, setup& reconfigure hardware and general purpose test equipment (GPTE) to support test configuration requirements.
Duties typically include:
- Bench/Test System setup, load software, configure and manage patch panels to support Airplane Line Replaceable Units (LRU?s).
- Analyze and resolve basic laboratory, systems and test-related problems, troubleshoots digital/analog signals and other system issues.
- Assist test conduct, analyzing data and documenting results.
- Build test adapters to support emergent tests, perform patching, operate simulation to demonstrate problems, illustrate special test setups and complex patching conventions.
- Participates in test design, design reviews and performs routine procurement, fabrication and assembly of components, test fixtures and test systems.
- Facilitates systems integration, fabrication and modification.
- Maintains consumables at the bench, stewardship of computing and lab assets, maintaining test equipment for each bench.
- Support lab initiatives and regulatory policies on safety, configuration control, electro-static discharge, and asset management.
- Identify and correct lab safety issues.
- Assist with overall lab cleanliness and floor space conservation. Works under general supervision.
**Experience with testing and troubleshooting of commercial aircraft avionics, flight controls and electrical systems
Must be able to work on 2nd shift (2 PM - 10 PM) if necessary.
**Excellent communication/partnering skills
**Basic computing skills
**Experience with Oscilloscopes, volt meters, signal analyzers, and/or logic analyzers, other general purpose test equipment.
**Must be able to work on 2nd shift
Associates Degree/diploma/certificate from an accredited vocational/technical institute, the military equivalent to an Associate?s Degree/diploma certificate of training or apprenticeship in an industrialelectrical/electronic trade