Electrical Technician - Process Controls
The Wine Group - Westfield, NY
The Wine Group is one of the top leaders in the wine industry. As a privately held management-owned company with 14 wineries in California, New York, and Australia, we thrive to win with exceptional people who share our values. We produce many well-known brands including Franzia, Cupcake, Chloe, Flip Flop, Save Me San Francisco, Insurrection, Concannon, Benziger and Imagery. We are a successful company looking to employ talented individuals on our team who are self-motivated, positive and energetic. If this sounds like you, we encourage you to apply!
The successful candidate must be able to work in various capacities, relating to equipment operation, electricaltroubleshooting and repair, mechanicaltroubleshooting and repair. Process operations consist of delivery of wine, operating and adjusting high speed filling/packaging equipment, following all GMP and QC practices, performing PM's on all manufacturing equipment. On a daily basis, will need to demonstrate significant initiative and self-motivation on safety, performance and quality. Program, troubleshoot, repair and maintain plant equipment in a timely, cost effective manner consistent with established operations procedures and requirements.
- Must have a Technical Degree/Certification in related field or 5years industry experience in a related field
- Minimum 3years' experienceworking with high speed manufacturing equipment.
- Strong electromechanical aptitude with knowledge of reading electrical and mechanical schematics.
- Strong PLC programming and troubleshooting abilities with ability to use RS links, RS Logix, Compact Logix, Control Net, SLC 505 control logics processors.
- Familiarity with MES applications such as Ignition by Inductive Automation.
- Experienceworking with480VAC including 4-20ma, 0-5V and 0-10V control circuits.
- Must have knowledge and the ability to perform tasks within industrial control software: RSLinx, RSLogix500, RSLogix5, RSLogix5000, PanelBuilder32 and FactoryTalk View Studio.
- Must have knowledge and the ability to troubleshoot and maintain networking platforms and industrial control software: DeviceNet, ControlNet and Remote I/O, DH+, DH485, EthernetIP and Profibus.
- Knowledge working with high voltage HTML / XML, Python/Java programing and its requirements SQL programing experience would be a plus.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Must work well with others in complex troubleshooting scenarios, and possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Continual learner; keep up with new technologies to improve on equipment reliability and performance.
- Must be committed to excellence, possess high standards in work performance and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and willingness to work within constantly changing priorities.
- Extensive knowledge in Root Cause analysis, troubleshootingelectrical, pneumatics, hydraulics and instrument calibration.
- Able to troubleshoot and maintain advanced controls such as servo, servo amplifier, and servo controllers.
- Troubleshoot electromechanical issues when they occur including but not limited to installation, diagnosis, calibration, maintenance and repair to equipment and electronic devices.
- Knowledgeable with the NEC, NFPA, IEEE and other relevant codes and standards.
- Must be trained in Arc Flash requirements.Preferred: experience in providing training/mentoring in electrical and controls systems.
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Extensive knowledge in designing, developing and programming program controllers, graphical user interfaces, databases and networks. Engage operators/technicians in set up, start up and shut down processes and support as needed in control related preventative maintenance throughout the facility.
- Perform operational support of manufacturing equipment to meet or exceed established production goals in a cost effective manner.
- Maintain protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs) on each line and make suggestions to increase yield and/or improve quality.
- Ability to troubleshoot electromechanical issues when they occur on the line including, but not limited to, installation, diagnosis, calibration, maintenance and repair of equipment mechanical and electronic devices.
- Must be able to perform major repairs, overhauls, installations, and final check of equipment.
- Set up and perform start up, shut down, and preventative maintenance on assigned lines.
- Must demonstrate a positive attitude towards the job and the duties assigned and exhibit initiative to continually learn and improve professional skills.
- Demonstrate and model a sense of urgency for Safety, Quality, and Productivity.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Job Type: Full-time