At WSP, we are driven by inspiring the right people to be part of our future-focused business objectives. Our devotion to clients' needs, collaboration and teamwork has allowed us to build communities and expand our skylines. Here at WSP, anything is within our reach- and yours as a WSP employee. Come join us and help shape the future!
WSP is currently initiating a search for a Electrical Task Director
for our Southeast Florida offices or other WSP USA offices along the east coast. Your Impact
Who You AreRequired Qualifications
- Lead design, inspection and testing of electrical systems for heavy movable structures such as movable bridges, locks, dams, and travelers.
- Direct and coordinate the work of junior engineering staff.
- Ability to travel to project sites and work in the field as needed.
- Oversight of field inspection and report preparation.
- Responsible Charge for repair, rehabilitation and new designs.
- Assist in the implementation of the marketing plan and business development goals established for the company.
- Client management
- Collaborate with professionals from a variety of disciplines to provide "trusted advisor" service and future ready solutions for clients.
- Exercise responsible and ethical decision-making regarding company funds, resources and conduct, and adhere to WSP's Code of Conduct and related policies and procedures.
- Perform additional responsibilities as required by business needs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering with an emphasis in electrical and control systems design.
- 12 years of relevant post education experience in in the design and inspection of heavy movable structures such as movable bridges, locks, and dams.
- Engineer license required (multi-state preferred).
- Advanced proficiency with electrical engineering principles, practices, process, design/build, standard of care, and the application to permitting and project work-related issues.
- Advanced proficiency with infrastructure design.
- Strong working knowledge of relevant engineering and electrical construction laws, codes, regulations, compliance practices, and record-keeping requirements, and the business impact upon the organization.
- Proven track record of upholding workplace safety and ability to abide by WSP's health, safety and drug/alcohol and harassment policies.
- Strong ability to quickly adapt to change and demonstrate flexibility to a variety of schedules and hours to meet business needs.
- Occasional travel may be required depending on project-specific requirements.
- Master's Degree in Engineering.
- Working knowledge of CAD systems such as AutoCAD and MicroStation is desired.