Electrical Systems Engineer
Confidential Company • Fuquay Varina, NC
5 - 7 years experience •
Posted on 05/12/18
Fuquay Varina, NC
5 - 7 years experience
Posted on 05/12/18
Lead multi-unit and multi-vehicle component and system development.
- Determines critical path issues, defining action plans, and communicating project status to management, other units, and suppliers.
- Lead Vendor Suppliers in determining a design that will meet global vehicle/product requirements while optimizing for cost, quality, and performance.
- Flexibly function as leader and/or individual contributor, in architecture, feature, and hardware (controllers, displays, sensors) definition and development activities including detailed project plans and implementation schedules.
- Develop and maintain system/component/software design requirements documents.
- Collaborate with Product Verification & Validation resources to create and execute validation plan activities (design analysis, simulation, lab tests, field tests, certification/compliance tests, etc.) for components and systems.
- Utilize and contribute Communities of Practice (CoP) to ensure best practices throughout product lines.
- Assist Current Product Improvement Teams regarding electrical system components to provide rapid response to factory and field issues.
- Bachelor's degree in an Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology or Electrical and Computer Engineering discipline is required.
- 4+ years of electrical systems engineering experience in lead role capacity is required.
- 4+ years of product engineering experience in off-road automotive, commercial vehicles, ATV, UV or similar sized products.
- 3years of experience in project management, project planning and timeline tracking along with lead role/leadership experience in group environment.
- Technical experience related to the design/diagnostics of mechanical/electrical/hydraulic systems.
- Experience with Capital Harness, Creo (Pro-E) or other CAD systems used for schematic capture and harnessing is preferred.
- Experience in a specific area of engineering specialization or expertise (e.g., hydraulic systems, electronic circuits, rigid body dynamics, power transmission, drive systems, etc.)
- Experience developing off-highway or equivalent vehicle electrical system designs with emphasis on harnessing schemes, component selection and system level requirements capture
- Experience developing new hardware, software and/or software requirements for new product programs is required.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in one or more of the following: electronic hardware design, validation, and manufacturing; software requirements capture; CAN bus interfaces (e.g. J1939 CAN); electrification/hybrid vehicle development (e.g. generator, inverter, motor, and battery development)
- Demonstrated technical leadership capability is required.
- A self-starter with the ability to work well without close direction, both in the office and in the field
- Understanding of engineering principles as they relate to the company product(s) is required.
- Strong communications skills (i.e. verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
- Ability and experience working in a highly matrixed organizational structure within a diverse culture is preferred.
- Proficiency with MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, etc.) is required.
- Ability to travel up to 20% Domestic is required.
- US Citizens or Green Card holders apply. H1b visa sponsorship will not be offered with this position.