Ostendo is seeking a self-motivated individual to fill the position of Electrical System Packaging Engineer. This individual will be responsible for PCB and flex circuit designs, component qualification and selection, and bench testing and validation of prototype designs in the lab. The successful candidate will participate in multidisciplinary research in the design, development, testing and utilization of information processing hardware and/or electrical components, mechanisms, materials, circuitry, processes, and packaging of consumer products. Individuals must have experience with system packaging for electronics that require minimal power, very small volume, and miniature components. The candidate must have experience working closely with technical groups such as ASIC and electrical design, mechanical engineering, thermal design, optics, and manufacturing engineering. Experience with cell phone or similar consumer products is highly desirable.
Skills / Experience Requirements:
- 6+ years of industry experience with the board design process in mobile hardware design area. Proven experience in design of small form factor boards, with sensor components is highly desired. Power and performance considerations relevant to product design are required.
- Understanding of standard bus protocols such as MIPI, MHL, HDMI, memory bus, etc.
- Familiar with standard processes for optimizing BOM costs, scope/risk assessment, and feature review.
- Key process platforms include die and wire bonding, and precision pick & place
- Review electrical aspects and influence key decisions towards an efficient minimized form factor.
- Circuit design at the PCB / flex level (block diagrams, schematic, component selection, BOM, etc.) based on architectural level designs and specifications
- PCB / flex layout skills
- Able to develop and implement test plans for prototype products
- Preferably should have skills in bench level testing and debugging (using test equipment such as oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, programmable power supplies, etc.)
- Self motivated and requires minimum supervision
- Ability to work both independently and in a design team environment
- Documentation skills: design & test reports / plans / procedures / design reviews
- Strong verbal and written communication skills for sharing ideas, methodologies, results, and proposals. Demonstrated ability to communicate at various levels of abstraction (concept to details).
B.S. degree (M.S. degree is preferred) in Electrical Engineering / Electronic Engineering / Computer Engineering or equivalent