Industry: Hospitality & Recreation•
11 - 15 years
Posted 123 days ago
Background in Electrical, Electronic, and Power Engineering and 10+ years experience in a shipping industry, classification society or similar. Minimum Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university or the international equivalent highly desirable. Experience as a passenger vessel Chief Electrical Engineer is preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
Must demonstrate leadership, organizational and time management skills and motivate ship personnel and encourage teamwork and improvement. Excellent interpersonal skills to communicate in a multicultural environment with all levels of employees and management. Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple projects and priorities. Ability to manage the financial aspects of the assigned functions, including the successful identification of expense reduction through cost efficiencies. Ability to manage multiple tasks within an area of responsibility. Ability to participate in a staff with a positive attitude and in a productive manner by motivating, developing and contributing to the company community. Ability to utilize and cope with company resources. Must have excellent organizational and communication skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work closely with the Ship Managers for the assigned vessels and keep them informed about any electrical issues. Propose and overlook electrical Pzero projects. Coordinate all major projects with the Ship Manager and the vessel executive committee.
2. Maintain frequent communication with the technical team onboard the assigned vessels and supervise and support the repair and maintenance of the vessels electrical systems. Oversee shipboards electrical teams¿ safety engagement and dedication to the fleet safety initiatives. Promote improvements and follow-up on all electrical safety practices and procedures.
3. Work closely with the representatives from various classification societies and governing agencies which regulate the operation of our ships. Conduct ships visits and inspections to verify compliance with regulations and company policy regarding the electrical aspect.
4. Oversee and support the electrical aspects of dry-dock preparations and planning of major projects. Provide electrical support, supervision and advise in connection with dry-dock, revalization and other special projects
5. Oversee the electrical team work, team moral, motivation and performance on the assigned vessels. Actively participate in the electrical engineer promotion process and succession plan. Work closely with HR in the electrical engineer recruiting and screening process.
6. Identify systems onboard that are or will be obsolete in the near future. Propose solutions and suggestions for upgrades. Manage approved upgrades.
7. Ensure that electrical related failures, incidents and damages onboard the assigned vessels are properly investigated and root cause analyzes conducted and corrective actions implemented. Share the lesson learned to avoid similar issues on other vessels.
8. Follow up on all electrically related CC, non-conformities and findings. Ensure the findings are corrected and all necessary precautions are taken to prevent re-occurrence.
9. Identify existing electrical systems that should be improved to avoid potential failures. Propose solutions and suggestions for improvements. Follow up on vendors technical and safety bulletins. Coordinate, supervise and oversee the corrective action implementation.
10. Supervise and support GMTS electrical riding team members.
11. Work closely with the Energy Management group with proposals, support and validate energy efficiency initiatives.
12. Support Newbuilding Department with electrical specifications, manning, sea trials and guarantee process for new vessels and provide electrical support for other Newbuilding projects. Provide electrical support for Hotel Operations, IT, Supply Chain, PMO and other departments.
13. Performs other duties as required. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.