An Electrical Substation Engineer collects and prepares data/information and performs the detailed engineering calculations, prepares the required engineering design drawings, engineering specifications, and/or reports to meet the power generation and transmission & distribution project requirements and scope of work. He then submits the drawings, specifications and reports to senior department management for review and approval.
Essential Functions: Collects and prepares data/information, performs detailed engineering calculations, and writes formal engineering/technicalreports.
- Assist in field work to verify existing conditions and ascertain compliance of new installations with construction drawings and specifications.
- Collect and prepare data/information, and perform detailed engineering calculations.
- Prepare detailed engineering drawings including single lines, relay and metering, wiring diagrams and schematics, develop technical specifications and/or data sheets for the procurement of major equipment, and prepare engineering reports.
- Review vendor submittals, perform technical evaluation of bids and make recommendations which meet Client requirements for operability, reliability, maintainability and safety.
- Manage procurement and engineering design deliverable schedules.
Skills and Qualifications:
- BSEE with emphasis on electrical power (preferred)
- 5+ years with municipal, utility or industrial / process design
- SKM or EasyPower or ETAP , AutoCAD
- PE license
- Proven Client interface skills and project lead capabilities
- Interact with other departments, suppliers and clients to obtain required project design input.
- Have knowledge of the NEC, NESC and industry standards.
- High voltage (>24kV) substation designexperience is preferred, medium voltagerequired.