Sargent & Lundy's Construction Support Services Division currently has an opportunity for a regular, full-time Electrical Start-Up / Testing / Commissioning Specialist to support a Client in the Lordstown, Ohio area.
Perform electrical component and system checkout, testing, and commissioning to verify conformance to design.
- Support system turnover package development.
- Walkdown systems and validate construction to commissioning turnover acceptance.
- Prepare project specific components and system checkout, testing, and commissioning procedures.
- Execute project specific testing, start-up and commissioning procedures.
- Assist in training of plant operations and maintenance personnel.
- Finalize system release to operations packages.
- Feedback lessons learned to construction and engineering.
- Coordinate Craft Labor Support for testing and commissioning.
Essential skills and experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Construction Management, or equivalent experience.
- 15 or more years experience in start-up and commissioning in the power industry or other industrial related industries.
- Willingness to work at project sites and relocate periodically.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others.
- Project planning skills.
- Leadership skills.