Graybar is looking for talented, enthusiastic people to help us maintain the highest levels of customer satisfaction in every area of our business. We are a Company that recognizes talent and provides the opportunity for training and development for your career growth.
Develop new prospects and maintain contacts with established customers for the purpose of selling Company products; customarily and regularly interact with prospects and customers in person at the customer's site of business or other off-site locations. This position requires knowledge and previous experience in the sale of electrical products. Experience in the industrial market is highly preferred.
- Responsible for meeting or exceeding assigned annual gross margin budget by promoting and selling products to more complex accounts in assigned territory in compliance with the Company's pricing policies.
- Handle customer complaints promptly effectively and report potential claims.
- Keep management informed of local competition and market conditions.
- Carry out sales and merchandise programs as directed and recommend new items for stock.
- Maintain current customer records, files, and reports of business transactions; assist in collection of past due accounts.
- Participate in training session, trade shows, and sales meetings as requested.
- Demonstrate products after sale when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years experience required
- High school diploma or GED required
Preferred Job Requirements
- 6-10 years experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Knowledge of product line and pricing
- Knowledge of business administration, sales, and marketing
- Ability to learn our business and to work independently to achieve goals
- Ability to sell and be persuasive