ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Provides electrical engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues for Preventative Maintenance to determine TA and non TA scheduling
- Solves technical problems related to projects and troubleshoots and updates report data for Substation Relay issues, Arc Flash Calculations and Area Classification requirements
- Upgrades, designs, configures, maintains and monitors related equipment and performance
- Analyzes related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Develops project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensures projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards for 480 V, 2400 V and 13,800 V equipment
- Ensures the maintenance and integrity of 480 V, 2400 V and 13,800 V equipment
- Optimizes business unit(s) and analyzes data to aid operations with decisions
- May be required to do some or all of the following:
- Investigate and resolve work-in-process problems for plant electrical systems
- Recommend and implement improvements and/or modification in sequence of operations, equipment utilization, and related matters
- Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Act as a liaison between the company and county and state electrical and/or other agencies
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in an Electrical engineering discipline. Emphasis on power distribution is a requirement for this assignment.
Professional Engineer registration is preferred. Refinery or petrochemical industry experience preferred. Some or all of FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydrotreating experience is preferred for Chemical discipline depending on assignment.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an Engineering discipline is required.