Purpose: To participate as an electrical engineer within the Industrial Engine Drive Team. Will work on new and existing designs for engine driven welding generators including the magnetics, power electronics, and control hardware. Additionally, will work closely with manufacturing and production to launch new designs and improve existing products.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Work in R&D on the development of new products. This role will take ownership of the electrical aspects for new and existing products.
- Serve as a team’s electrical engineer for major development projects or multiple simultaneous projects. Ensure that engineering design activities are coordinated per the development procedure.
- Work closely with software engineers, designing with system-wide perspective.
- Perform, instruct and supervise testing of new designs.
- Work with Manufacturing and Marketing to improve quality, manufacturability, and value of new designs.
- Support quality improvement and cost reduction initiatives on existing products.
- Assignments are broad in nature, requiring originality and ingenuity.
- Interact with suppliers, customers, distributors, and sales engineers on an occasional basis.
- Coordinate activities of technical support personnel.
- Perform other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- Usually works with minimum supervision, conferring with superior on unusual matters.
- May be assisted by Level 1 or 2 personnel.
- Has appreciable latitude for unreviewed action or decision.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field.
- Advanced Degree Preferred
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience.
- Strong fundamental knowledge of electricity and magnetism.
- Research, design, or development experience of at least one of the following (and a strong familiarity with the rest): electric generators, electric motors, battery packs/battery management systems, hybrid battery/engine designs.
- Knowledgeable of power electronics topologies and power semiconductor devices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Ability to handle a constantly changing set of priorities.
- Initiative to take ownership of product designs.
- Possesses and applies a broad knowledge of principles, practices and procedures of particular field of specialization to the completion of difficult assignments.