At Woodard & Curran, there’s nothing we love more than a tough engineering challenge. We handle a wide range of water and environmental issues—solving complex problems with creativity and tenacity. That’s how we make a difference to our clients, people, and planet. Our company was founded on a simple concept: provide a safe and enjoyable place to work with opportunity, integrity, and commitment, and we will attract talented people. Those people are at the heart of our firm, solving some of the most pressing water and environmental challenges for our clients.
The successful candidate will work on electrical distribution, relaying, power generation, motor control, and lighting projects for our energy, water, wastewater, food and beverage clients on a regional and national basis. The candidate will interface with clients to understand their power, lighting, and motor control requirements for municipal, utility, and industrial facilities. The candidate will prepare and coordinate engineering reports, studies, calculations and drawings. The candidate will also perform construction phase services such as shop drawing review and contractor oversight.
Perform engineering and project management tasks of varying difficulty and complexity, working independently on most projects. Mentor junior staff. Perform QA/QC functions to ensure accuracy and adequacy of work products. Support marketing efforts and development of proposals. Support Project Manager by managing assigned internal project tasks. This individual needs the energy to go the extra mile to deliver electrical design solutions consistent with process, mechanical and control system requirements. Supervision will be provided by experienced professional electrical engineers. The applicant must be flexible for 20% - 30% travel in California and nationwide. Experience with California electrical utilities and distribution system. This position is available in our Los Angeles, Laguna Hills, or San Diego, California offices.
- Plan, schedule, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work as part of a major project of moderate scope.
- Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex elements such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and challenging coordination requirements.
- Responsible for making technical presentations to clients, at public meetings and to regulatory agencies.
- Interface directly with clients and sub consultants and/or regulatory agencies.
- Perform technical review of work prepared by entry level engineers.
- Prepare cost estimates for projects.
- Foster and maintain relationships with key clients.
- Responsible for understanding scope, schedule, and budget of projects and assignments.
- Responsible for understanding personal utilization goals.
- Provide expert technical advice on engineering tasks as well as representation of the Company industry-wide.
- Perform QA/QC function as delegated by discipline manager.
- Prepare documents and presentations with a moderate amount of guidance, review and oversight, but work under the direct supervision of a Project Manager or Senior Project Engineer.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology.
- 5-10 years’ experience in an industrial or electrical distribution environment as a consultant.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Successful candidate must be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD a plus.
- Professional Engineer license
- Strong attention to detail, analytical, and strong organization skills.
- Ability to work completely autonomously, and utilize junior staff to complete assignments.
- Ability to coordinate and interact with co-workers, project staff, various clients and government agencies.
Woodard & Curran is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Woodard & Curran is a Drug Free Work Place.
Individuals with Disabilities and Protected Veterans are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE USE A WEB BROWSER OTHER THAN INTERNET EXPLORER IF YOU ENCOUNTER ISSUES (CHROME, FIREFOX, SAFARI)