Position : Electrical Project Engineer
Location : Winter Haven, FL
Salary : Open
Relocation : Yes
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with ideally 10 years of progressive experience that includes a strong electrical background with equipment design and installation. CAPEX projects management and the ability to provide support and coordination with contractors and outside vendors relating to engineering projects are highly desired. This position may require up to 30% travel to multiple plant locations.
- Oversees the successful development & implementation of projects related to process improvements, operational improvements, assistance with plant level root cause analysis on failures, facility upgrades, and related safety improvements at the plant level.
- Candidate shall demonstrate competency associated with all aspects of project management from concept to completion. Candidate will be responsible for establishing Capex project budgets and manage them within said guidelines.
- Candidate shall work closely with all aspects of the business unit in the development of project deliverables through detailed specifications and scope of work documents which encompass the roadmap to successful project completion. Teambuilding is critical and the candidate needs to demonstrate a team based decision making approach to ensure project success.
- Communicates, facilitates, and at all levels from the Director level to the Plant Management level plant CAPEX project status.
- Required to follow the following CAPEX progress protocols.
- Advises and suggest improvements to plant operations to facilitate client quality initiatives, plant safety initiatives, employee quality of work environment and process improvement initiatives.
- Confers with management, production, and other support personnel to discuss project specifications and procedures.
- Coordinates and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals and directing the integration of technical activities.
- Analyzes technology, resource needs, and market demand, to plan and assess the feasibility of projects.
- Plans and directs the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment.
- Prepares budgets, bids, and contracts, and direct the negotiation of research contracts.
- Develops and implement policies, standards and procedures for the engineering and technical work performed in the department, service, laboratory or firm.
Performs administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services.
Consults or negotiates with clients to prepare project specifications.
Performs other duties as required.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Technicalexperience with demonstratedexperiencewith the following areas:
- PLC programming (Siemens preferred)
- Advanced PLC troubleshooting
- SCADA Development, Support, and Implementation
- Networking / data communications
- Servers, Virtual Machines, and related software
- VFD’s & Servo Drives to include new installations, specifications, commissioning, and troubleshooting / support (Siemens preferred)
- High, Medium, & Low voltageelectrical systems
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Proficient in Microsoft office products, Autocad 2014 or later version, servers, virtual machines, Remote desktop, SQL programming a plus, access database management a plus. Knowledge & exposure to WonderWare software such as In-Touch, Historian Client, & MES. Siemens PLC programming in S7 & TIA Portal experiencepreferred.
- Following degrees are preferred: BSEE, ACET, EET
- 5-10 years of proven project management with successful execution track records on safety, quality, cost, and delivery expectations in a manufacturing setting.