Being part of the solution. Lifelong learning. Contributing to complex projects that address some of the most significant challenges facing society. This is where we thrive. Now it’s your turn.
Affiliated Engineers, Inc. is a leading US-based multi-disciplinary consulting engineering firm that plans, designs, and delivers high performance engineered systems for technically complex buildings and utility infrastructure projects. Nationally and internationally, AEI specializes in the healthcare, research, energy production and distribution, higher education, industrial, mission critical, and high-performance design markets. Building Design+Construction magazine ranks AEI in the top ten of US engineering firms overall, and in the top ten of healthcare, university, science and technology, and Federal government engineers. AEI has received 13 R&D Magazine Lab of the Year awards.
Being a part of a collaborative team, working in innovative environments, encouraging exceptional performance, and exploring outside interests and professional development; AEI recognizes our employees are the most valued part of our firm. They are the core of what has made AEI a great firm to work for and why our culture promotes a remarkable work/life balance. AEI offers:
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with immediate vesting
- Life and disability insurance
- Flexible spending plan
- Employee assistance plan
- Educational and professional development opportunities
- Reimbursement for membership in professional associations
- Paid time off and holidays
As an Electrical Project Engineer for our Industrial market group, you will be responsible for engineering design processes on assigned projects within a particular discipline. The Electrical Project Engineer develops innovative and unique engineering solutions to align with project, client and project partner’s needs, and leads the discipline team in implementing the solutions.
- Leads and is responsible for the overall engineering design process within a specific discipline for projects.
- Works collaboratively with the client and project partners.
- Leads and is responsible for the overall production and quality of project deliverables required within a specific discipline.
- Actively shares and presents lessons learned and suggests continuous improvement initiatives within the discipline.
- Identifies and participates in the resolution of interpersonal or project related internal issues that arise.
- Understands business and interpersonal dynamics of working with co-workers, clients and project partners.
- Effectively adapts to changing needs and priorities. Raises day-to-day and long-term staffing, budget, and quality issues.
- Delegates and balances work for Engineers and Designers in order to meet client demands and project deadlines. Provides appropriate level of oversight and reviews work to ensure established engineering principles are consistently used.
- Engages in employee mentoring through project work.
- Uses effective written communication skills to prepare meeting notes, create and edit design specifications, respond to Requests for Information (RFIs) and author studies and reports.
- Travels to job sites to perform field verification and field surveys.
- Advances the discipline practices, processes and tools.
- Other similar and/or related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and 10+ years of experience.
- Fundamental knowledge of building systems across Electrical, Mechanical, Piping and Building Automation disciplines.
- Advanced knowledge of engine testing facility design including high horsepower motors (1,000+ HP), engine dynamometers, hazardous location assessment, engine emissions and endurance testing.
- Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements, and ability to interpret them.
- Proficient in computer operation for engineering calculation/selection software such as SKM or ETAP.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, including carrying out appropriate follow-through with others, mentoring, delegating work, and giving and receiving constructive feedback. Communicates well with clients, project partners, and with individuals at all levels in the organization.
- Professional Engineering license (PE) in one or more states with capability for reciprocity in other states.