Manage projects involving electrical power and controls (electric, hydraulic, pneumatic) to develop new or improve existing manufacturing processes.
- Designs and analyzes power and control circuits, including configuring and programming PLC’s, motor controls, electrical protection.
- Monitors cost and scheduling of engineering projects including installation and management of outside suppliers.
- Assists Greif plants with installation, trouble shooting and repair of equipment.
- Assists Greif plants with operator and maintenance training.
- Recommends and purchases new equipment.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5 years experience in PLC configuration and programming in a manufacturing environment.
- Control circuit analysis and design required.
- 5 plus years in project engineering preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Electrical Engineering knowledge with experience in machine control system design, development, and troubleshooting.
- AutoCadexperience and fundamental understanding of personal computers and related software is essential.
- Project management, time management, and skills in written and verbal communication are also required.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif’s Equal Opportunity Policy.