Manage projects involving electrical power and controls (electric, hydraulic, pneumatic) to develop new or improve existing manufacturing processes.
- Designs and analyzes power and control circuits, including configuring and programming PLC's, motor controls, electrical protection.
- Monitors cost and scheduling of engineering projects including installation and management of outside suppliers.
- Assists Greif plants with installation, trouble shooting and repair of equipment.
- Assists Greif plants with operator and maintenance training.
- Recommends and purchases new equipment.
- Incorporates and maintains safety observances, including but not limited to, use of all PPE, ensuring guards and safety features are working, and promoting good daily safety practices and habits.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- 5 years experience in PLC configuration and programming in a manufacturing environment.
- Control circuit analysis and design required.
- 5 plus years in project engineering preferred.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Electrical Engineering knowledge with experience in machine control system design, development, and troubleshooting.
- AutoCad experience and fundamental understanding of personal computers and related software is essential. Project management, time management, and skills in written and verbal communication are also required.