We have a great opportunity for you to join AEI in an Electrical Project Engineer role in our Chapel Hill, NC office.
Here is what we have in store for you:
In this position, you will be responsible for working in collaboration with and under direction and mentorship of the Senior Project Engineer for the overall electrical design process, deliverables, and client service for multiple concurrent projects. You will collaborate, share knowledge, and learn from Senior Project Engineers also assigned to each project as well as effectively collaborate with project team members for other disciplines within AEI and our design partners.
The successful candidate is expected to provide value and help, to the extent of their abilities, in carrying out whatever work is required to deliver a quality product within budget and on schedule. Below are some specific examples:
- Work with the Senior Project Engineer to execute a project work plan for tasks and schedules to meet weekly, interim, and milestone deadlines for deliverables. Responsible for maintaining communication and accountability for meeting deadline and deliverable expectations.
- Work with the Senior Project Engineer project team to clearly understand and execute the defined project core goals and requirements, while ensuring code compliance.
- Develop and present engineering concept design options and evaluations/recommendations to the Senior Project Engineer based on the project need, client goals, and budget. Assist the Senior Project Engineer to develop meeting presentations to clearly articulate design concepts to partners, contractors, and clients.
- Competent with cost estimating knowledge of electrical systems and collaborating with professional cost estimators, industry vendors, and electrical contractors.
- Competent with field engineering and knowledge of the commissioning process and collaborating with contractors and commissioning agents for the installation, start-up, testing, and training of electrical systems. A quick reaction and resolution to construction issues, RFIs, submittals, testing challenges is required.
- Responsible for the delegated electrical construction administration activities for a project in collaboration the Senior Project Engineer.
- Participate in office and company wide quality control and knowledge sharing meetings and presentations.
What you will need to Succeed:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Electrical).
- Professional Engineering license (PE) required.
- 5-10 years of applicable experience.
- Proven expertise in power, lighting, and low-voltage system design.
- Understanding of applicable design codes, design standards and specification requirements. Ability to interpret specifications written by others.
- Proficient in computer operation for engineering calculation/selection software for this industry.
- Ability to travel regionally about 10% of the time, national travel is sporadic.
What sets you apart:
- Strong mastery of Revit and BIM concepts. Competence in AutoCAD.
- Competency using SKM PowerTools or similar.
- Ability to perform electrical engineering calculations using software per industry best practices.
- Ability to complete, compile, and review deliverable documents in support of the Senior Project Engineer.
- Communicates well, both individually and as part of a team.