Electrical Preconstruction Director
- Establish and maintain budget control over electricaltrades during estimating/preconstruction phases of the project.
- Provide value alternative solutions including cost/, schedule, maintenance, and life cycle implications.
- Assist project team in design decisions and development of solutions.
- Assist field operations with change order pricing.
- Assist field operations with solutions for issues during construction.
- Track historical costs of projects with required information per McCarthy standards.
- Represent McCarthy to subcontractors through management of the estimating/bid processes including solicitation of bids and constructability input.
- Coordinate bid efforts, processing RFI’s, and interfacing between bidding community and design team members on negotiated projects.
- Provide LEED analysis to meet the goals of the projects.
- Provide basic and conceptual life cycle analysis on systems for Owner considerations without taking Engineering liability.
- Review specification and equipment schedules for compliance to project goals.
- Rely on existing relationships with subcontractors and engineers to provide input/recommendations concerning systems design.
- Maintain working knowledge of electrical codes and changes to codes as it relates to electrical systems.
- Prepare or manage the Exhibit 1 development process – scopes of work, for all electrical subcontracts.
- Assist in the development and training of other estimating staff.
- Assist the marketing department in preparation of responses to RFP’s and RFQ’s.
- Participate in interview preparations for negotiated bids.
- Assist in the prequalification process.
- Actively participates in project design coordination meetings.
- Reviews milestone documents for value alternative opportunities with a focus on initial cost, maintenance, and life cycle cost implications.
- Develops and maintains internal client relationships.
Subcontractor Analysis for Bids
- Directs, coordinates and provides information and documents to subcontractors.
- Prepares contractual exhibits for scope of work for subcontracts.
- Participates in hard bid/estimating and GMP budgeting activities by soliciting subcontractor support and evaluating bids.
Industry Knowledge / Relationships
- Builds relationships with Subcontractors to obtain a competitive advantage for McCarthy.
- Attends industry events and represents McCarthy to the industry in a professional capacity.
- Builds and maintains relationships with internal McCarthy clients.
- Keeps current with latest estimating technology and techniques.
- 10+ Years of Experience and/or bachelor’s degree in construction management or Engineering required
- Proven experience estimating medium to large projects is required.
- General knowledge of construction principles/practices required
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs, including Word, Excel, Outlook and others
- Ability to use, or learn to use MC2, TSI, Quick Pen, Accubid, OST, QTO and other estimating programs.
- Experienced dealing with subcontracts, subcontractors and/or self-perform work
- Experienced leading successful team ventures, including development of employees and maintaining relationships with external entities and subcontractor community
- Self-starter. Highly motivated to bring results and success to the projects he/she leads.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with McCarthy core values.
- Maintains a “value added” approach to preconstruction.
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and core values