Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
EPS Project Engineer II
What You’ll Do:
- Electrical Power Subsystem cost account manager and project engineer - This position is 70% management and 30% technical.
- Work daily with the larger EPS team on procurements, and programmatics.
- Establish strong vendor relationships (batteries, solar arrays, and control electronics)
- Prepare and manage hardware definition and interfaces. A strong hardware background is required.
- Extensive technical writing (proposal development, contractual elements, procedural definitions, specifications, interfaces, analysis support and description documents).
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is required plus 12 or more years of related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degreemust be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance is highly desirable.
- Minimum of 6 years direct experience in EPS Subsystem Design or Test.
- An understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, hardware specifications, and interface control.
- Previous earned value management experience is desired.
- Experience in subcontract management.
- Experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware.
- Intellectual curiosity combined with a strong desire to learn.
- Good oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Experience in multidisciplinary team work environment with small team leadership responsibilities.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful applicant for this position must be eligible to obtain a DoD clearance. A current DoD clearance is not required to be eligible for this position, however the successful applicant will be required to obtain a DoD clearance within a reasonable time after the offer is extended and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance. * US Citizenship is Required