The candidate will be instrumental in the development of technical controls standards, providing design reviews of complex projects and custom control enclosures. The candidate will provide power system design support to consultants on projects involving controls integration, and will also assist in the development of standardized generator control system solutions as required. KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design, integrate and commission complex power system automation projects based on company standards and accepted engineering practices.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training programs for engineers and technicians, on the subject matter pertinent to the design and commissioning of energy management and backup power systems.
- Provide technical support to sales and solution engineers in the review of customer specifications and drawings and provide technical assistance in the development of quotations and proposals.
- Participate in job walks and / or conference meetings with the assigned project engineer to provide mentoring and ensure a proper engineering solution is designed.
- Develop proposal documentation that can be used to support the marketing effort for both standard and custom control solutions.
- Provide consulting support for large projects, which would include the review of both low and medium voltage switchgear arrangements and the associated control components.
- Provide a quality review of designated controls projects at both the “Approval” and “Pre-Manufacturing” stage.
- Interpret and apply applicable industry standards such as NEC, UL, ISO, IEEE, and other requirements as needed.
- Identify cost reduction opportunities for projects.
- Participate in the development of project standards as applicable to power system reliability and backup power systems.
This job might be for you if:
- 5 – 10 Years of experience in engineering and commissioning power distribution control systems.
- 2 – 5 Years of experience specific to designing and implementing Generator Control applications. (e.g. parallel operation, peak shaving, load preservation, base loading,)
- Expert in the programming of PLCs, with preferable experience in IEC 61131-3 compliant programming software such as Modicon Unity or Concept. Experience with other PLC brands a plus.
- Experience with IEC 61850 compliant substation automation applications including IED configuration, MMS and GOOSE messaging is desirable.
- Familiar with both low and medium voltage switchgear construction and operation. Experience designing protective relaying applications and relay based control logic is desirable.
- Strong background in the design of power distribution control solutions and emergency power systems.
- Good communication skills, ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven.