Albemarle is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to work within its power department at our Pasadena, TX plant. This position reports to the E&I Maintenance Superintendent and is responsible for providing support for the electrical power distribution system in use around the site.
This role supports asset strategy development and implements best practices to reduce downtime. Additionally, this role will develop short-term and long-term maintenance strategies for new and existing equipment.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Monitoring, maintaining, and continuously improving the maintenance and reliability program
- Identifying and implementing improvements in equipment reliability across the plant by reviewing historical data and performing RCFA while working closely with operations and maintenance personnel
- Reviewing existing PM processes for value to the maintenance efforts and proposing changes as necessary to improve the reliability of the equipment and assets
- Supporting the maintenance teams by helping to resolve technical issues or modifying procedures as required
- Executing outage work/projects as assigned
- Aware and knowledgeable of area classification requirements common in a chemical plant environment.
- Experience in power distribution, equipment and cable sizing, load and model calculations, arc flash and coordination studies
- Provides electrical systems peer review and guidance during conceptual design, construction document development, construction, and commissioning phases for maintenance, repair, or new construction projects
- Preparing or coordinating projects, including developing scope, estimates, project papers, the preparation of construction bid packages, evaluating bid proposals, selection of contractors, following work and starting up new equipment
- Experience with SAP Maintenance and Project Module and other basic SAP transactions desirable
- In-depth knowledge of Excel, Word, Microsoft Project and AutoCAD
- Working knowledge of relevant federal, state, and local laws, regulations, and standards including NEC, NFPA, and OSHA.
- Candidate will possess a BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 9 + years of relevant and progressive experience in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of medium and low voltage systems, and equipment (transformers, MCC’s, switchgear, protective relays, etc.)
Medium , High Voltage power engineer
Critical Competencies for Success:
- Safety: A personal dedication to safety, including proactive support of efforts to create a culture of safety excellence. Willing to intervene when an unsafe act is observed.
- Problem Solving: Must be able to understand and interpret technical material. Must be able to solve problems quickly, completely, accurately, and to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
- Knowledge/Skills: Must be self-motivated and possess good organizational skills. Must be able to work alone and accomplish responsibilities with only a general direction. Must be able to work as part of a team. Must pay close attention to details, follow high standards for accuracy and completeness, and accept constructive criticism from coworkers.
- Communication Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills, including technical writing skills; in order to write technical reports, procedures, and manuals for internal documentation. Good team-work skills
- Able to identify and troubleshoot common power distribution issues such as ground faults, single phasing, etc. and size electrical gear for new installations in accordance with current codes.
- Performs a variety of routine tasks that are planned to provide experience and familiarization with the engineering staff and the methods, practices, and programs of the company.
- Provides straightforward solutions to problems using readily available, clear, and direct references.
- Collects and evaluates data, and develops plans for assignments that may involve design application.
- Provides benefit to the Manufacturing organization through improvements in safety, emissions, quality, cost, or productivity.
- Performs limited assignments of specific engineering tasks, such as contributing to a larger project or sizing of process equipment for minor changes, as well as assignments on strategic initiatives such as cost reductions, process quality improvements, and capacity improvements.
Bachelors: Electrical Engineering (Required), Masters: Electrical Engineering