Johnson Electric is excited to recruit for the position of Senior Engineer in our Vandalia, OH location. This position is the Senior Engineer for Product Development and Testing for Metering product rollout activities of existing 100A and 200A latching relay platform in America as well as other regional business, including product maintenance and support in mass production topics, but also participation in new product development projects.
Purpose is the right development, testing and testing feedback for the maintenance and improvement activities on the best design for product performance, safety, manufacturing quality and cost to satisfy all customer requirements in expected timelines. Support the Lead Engineer in product design as a secondary role.
- Fully responsible for testing definitions, test setup, test execution and summary on metering products (roll out activities, but also projects). This includes experimental planning of test (cost efficient with maximum results), proper analysis of recorded data and to draw conclusion from that tests to feedback to design team for improvememt of product design. Further, based on test experience and prototype evaluation, give observations feedback (aside pure data) and bring important improvement proposals
- Responsible for analysis and conclusions of quality issues, which Quality Department, Production and Sales can not solve alone. Responsible also for evaluation, testing definition and testing of any needed design changes on metering relays to maintain production quality
- Responsible for organization, design and setup of the specific relay test rigs, their accuracy, repeatability, MSA, safety and maintenance (electrical endurance, …)
- Contact point for American metering technology topics, including technical advise, sample / prototype organisation for customer and supplier
- Ensure compliance with costs, quality, safety at work and deadlines
- Permanent improvement of relay and electrical metering testing equipment, to ensure the testing in in line with customers and application circumstances. Develop, organise and install new test equipment (with professional help), to fulfill the testing needs. Develop and maintain a professional metering lab, with suitable equipment, efficient and safe work procedures, sound documentation and data/sample storage. Work with the other lab teams inside Vandalia
- Technical feasibility evaluation of metering product specifications and requirements set by customer. Understand the metering market and specific application needs / circumstances to define internal specifications based on given requirements
- Support the product design team with specifically assigned tasks, e.g. some CAD, drawing or documentation work, as needed. For that continuous training in the field of CAD technology, tolerancing and engineering methods.
- BS in Engineering
- 4+ years Electromechanical Testing experience
- Technical Education in Electromechanical Engineering / Precision Engineering / Mechanical Engineering
- Experience in Electrical and Mechanical Measurements, Electromechanical Testing Equipment and Data Recording / Analysis
- Relay technology know how, in particular electrical contacts, relay materials (copper, plastics, platings), magnetic actuators, approval testing criteria
- Negotiating and organizational skills
- MS in Engineering Preferred
Johnson Electric is among the world's largest providers of motion subsystems and motion components including DC motors, brushless motors, synchronous motors, piezo motors, solenoids, microswitches and flexible circuits.
Johnson Electric has two operating divisions aligned with the broad markets served:
- Automotive Products Group (APG)
- Industry Products Group (IPG)
These operating groups are aligned with industry trends and focus on specific application segments such as engine and transmission for APG and home technologies and power tools for IPG.
We have provided billions of motor switch and flex circuit products for hundreds of different applications. Supporting our customers worldwide are sixteen R&D centres located in Hong Kong, China, Germany, Israel, Italy, Japan, the UK and the USA. Johnson Electric is fully vertically integrated and has an annual production capacity of over one billion motors and motion subsystems from its manufacturing footprint across more than a dozen countries.