Essential Duties & Responsibilities*:
Specifically relating to themechanical andelectricalsystems (e.g. HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, LowVoltage, Fire Sprinkler)
- Develop and maintain relationships with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, and owner’s representatives to ensure alignment with client goals and expectations from initiation to completion of the project.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including Turner’s contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
- Lead, supervise and develop Turner MEP staff, including providing input on or completing performance appraisals.
- Oversee daily activities of Engineer-MEP, Superintendent-MEP, and subordinates.
- Manage MEP procurement, project budgets, quality, safety, engineering, coordination, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and close-out processes.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree and minimum 10 years’ experience with progressively more responsible exposure to design, cost, sequence, logistics and field installations of Mechanical and Electrical systems or equivalent combination of training and experience. Able to identify design features that command cost premiums and recommend alternatives that deliver comparable or improved function. Demonstrated ability to present technical material. LEED accreditation preferred. Very strong oral and written communication skills required. Strong computer skills and a familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite of programs. Knowledge of project management and scheduling software desirable. Ability to implement leading edge technologies to benefit the project. Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Performance of the duties will occasionally require physical ability to climb permanent and temporary stairs, passenger use of construction personnel hoists, ability to climb ladders and negotiate work areas under construction. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. Performing this job requires use of hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls, sit, talk and hear (bells, whistles, etc.), stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.