The OCONUS Electrical Manager is a critical part of our site operations team that manages all phases of a construction project (Startup, Execution and Closeout) and is responsible for the overall management of the electrical department to include planning, coordination, scheduling, buyout, installation, quality control, commissioning and closeout.
- Must have the ability to manage all phases of a construction project (Startup, Execution and Closeout).
- Must have the ability to review technically challenging drawings and specifications.
- Must have the ability to perform interdisciplinary coordination with various trades. This includes but not limited to working with BIM to resolve conflicts and proactively providing solutions.
- Will be responsible for the overall ELECTRICAL BUYOUT for the entire project.
- Must be able to work with the Project Manager and Construction Manager to develop a detailed project execution schedule.
- Must be familiar with production rates and have the ability to forecast labor and/or equipment resources.
- Possess in depth knowledge of IBC, NEC, NICET, and NFPA codes.
- Have the ability to manage on site drafting team for coordination of utilities and layouts
- Must be able to develop detailed submittal packages that are compliant with the contract documents.
- Work directly with the MBGS Safety Manager to ensure all OSHA, EM-385 or Local Safety regulations are strictly adhered to and followed.
- Must work directly with the MBGS Quality Control Manager to ensure the electrical installation is in accordance with all applicable codes and the contract documents.
- Must work directly with the Project Manager and/or Project Engineer to develop detail quantity takeoffs, scope statements, schedules to support any contract changes.
- Will work directly with the Project Engineer and/or Quality Control Manager to write technically accurate RFI's whenever a conflict or issue is identified in the contract documents.
Qualities of a Successful Candidate:
- Independence - Job requires developing one's own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done.
- Attention to Detail - Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Innovation - Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems.
- Persistence - Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles.
- Cooperation - Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude.
- Concern for Others - Job requires being sensitive to others' needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job.
- Self-Control - Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations.
- Achievement/Effort - Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree in electrical Engineer or Similar Degreed Program / A combination of Master Electrician License and relevant work experience may be qualifying.
- Minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience preferably on OCONUS DoD or DoS construction projects.
- Must possess a current minimum Secret clearance.
- Master Electrician License.
- OSHA 30 Hour Certification.
- The ideal candidate will have started and finished a DoS US Embassy or Consulate Compound and understand the critical elements of all phases. (Startup, Execution, Closeout).
- Have strong oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Excel, Outlook, BlueBeam or On-Screen Takeoff, etc.) required.
- Employment is contingent upon suitability, the ability to maintain a clearance and pass physical, background and drug screening.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Able to lift 50 pounds and carry for 20 yards.
- Extended overseas postings.