STV is hiring an Electrical Superintendent (Low Voltage Systems) to work for the Construction Management division in its’ New York, NY Delta LaGuardia Project Field Office.
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for directing and supervising the work and efforts of subcontractors to ensure that the requirements of the project are met with respect to safety, schedule, quality control, and cost control.
- Support the requirement to provide construction management/general contracting services that meet or exceed the expectations of our clients.
- Help to develop, update, modify (as required), and maintain the project schedule.
- Assure the implementation and continuous maintenance of corporate safety program requirements in all of the day to day operations on the project.
- Communicates the date by which materials must arrive on the job. Assists project manager in follow-up for deliveries.
- Train and develop the skills for production of any direct reports.
- Conduct weekly safety meetings, regular “toolbox talks”, and safety pre-task meetings as required.
- Assure daily constructionreports are prepared in a thorough and timely manner.
- Facilitate the resolution of all field related issues with the project management, design team and Owner. Serve as liaison with labor representatives on the project, and with the community in the areas where the project is being performed.
- Assure requiredrisk controls are properly established and maintained as per the Project’s operations policies and procedures.
- Assure minority workplace participation goals are achieved.
- Attend weekly meetings with the project team for the purposes of updates on the status of the field work and communication of any issues requiring the input or action of others on the project team, and for notification to the project team of issues that may be of importance or interest to them.
- Communicates any issues requiring additional information from designers in a timely manner to the project manager for issuance of RFIs or submittal approvals.
- Assist in preparation of the monthly status report to be submitted to the client.
- Fully versed in the requirements of the Owner’s contracts for the project.
- Minimum 7 years field experience as a Superintendent supervising electricalconstruction work on large scale building /rehabilitation projects.
- Competency with scheduling and spreadsheet applications.
- OSHA 30-hour certification required.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.