Overview / Responsibilities
Amec Foster Wheeler’s Mining business performs consulting and EPCM services for many of the world’s leading mining companies and is executing world-class projects on five continents.
Amec Foster Wheeler currently has an exciting opportunity for an Electrical Lead Engineer. Reporting to the Electrical Department Manager, this position is located in our Vancouver, BC office. If you have a successful track record and thrive on challenges in a fast paced environment, this is the opportunity for you.
- Carrying out duties and responsibilities as discipline lead electrical engineer for heavy industrial projects
- Prepare electrical cost, time and resource requirement estimates on assigned projects
- Identify and review new technologies development which may provide more efficient and cost effective solutions
- Prepare electrical progress and expenditure reports on a project specific basis
- Providing project engineering and electrical discipline leadership
- Effective interaction with client engineering team for approval of design deliverables
- Performing engineering design and related duties; including, power system studies, substation design, equipment specifications and selection, management of vendor / equipment suppliers, power distribution layouts, grounding / lightning design, lighting, schematic and wiring design
- Assisting with construction supervision as well as the commissioning of industrialelectrical systems
- Identifying scope and schedule changes in accordance with the Change Control Process
- Ensuring technical integrity of the electrical deliverables for the project; In particular ensure compliance with the work scope and with applicable local/ international standards
- Providing technical assistance to discipline assigned personnel, as required
- Reviewing, checking and approving work output of discipline assigned personnel, as required
- Preparing estimates and schedules as well as assisting in their review
Skills / Qualifications
- ElectricalEngineeringDegree from a recognized university along with a Professional Engineering designation or ability to register as a Professional with APEGBC
- Minimum of 10 years’ industrial, mining metallurgical, pulp & paper or process plant experience
- Experience with ETAP or similar software design tools are considered an asset
- Ability to provide administrative and technical leadership for the selection and application of electrical components and systems applied to multi-disciplinary mining, metallurgical and heavy industrial projects
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.