Assist in the management/lead responsibility over all phases of technical support. Responsible for the organization and direction of construction technical personnel and activities relating to construction, engineering, subcontracts, and engineering liaison to the design functional group. Interprets design drawings and specifications. Assist in preparation and implementing Document Control procedures and control of issued drawings at site.
- Assist with detail planning of activities based upon overall schedule.
- Responsible for technical issues support and providing solution to technical problems.
- Investigate and follow-up on RFIs with the Technical Services Manager
- Analyze daily progress and schedule performance. Responsible for technical and project reporting support (daily, weekly, monthly reports).
- Ensure that items are installed as per project specifications, from a dimensional standpoint.
- Responsible for managing field document control, check-out, and punch list.
- Assist in the development of construction procedures and plans.
- Assist in developing heavy lift plans.
- Responsible in effectively communicating and coordinating with engineering.
- Responsible to effectively communicate and provide support to the construction Global Services group including Subcontracts, Project Controls, and QA/QC.
- Actively participate in McDermott Continuous Improvement Programs and other programs which support achievement of Company and project goals.
- Actively participate in development of a construction HSSE culture that makes safety and environmental awareness a natural part of the job.
- 5+ years’ construction experience or equivalent schooling
- Ability to analytically approach problems
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the project organization
- Must have good organizational skills
- Must be able to work in the field with crews.