What We’re Looking For
A driven and innovative Estimator to assist Project Teams. The Electrical Estimator is responsible for creating project bids, solicitating and reviewing project proposals, and determine the costs associated with various electrical installations throughout the
What You’ll Do
You will develop take-offs from client or company supplied construction documents, gather pricing from electrical suppliers, and company internal departments to price equipment, components, and electrical supplies. Includes pricing all peripheral items, such as permits, bonds, equipment.
What We Need From You
- Experience with the development of complete and accurate electrical estimates for commercial, industrial projects, and/or photovoltaic (solar) projects ranging from 1MW to 100+MW
- Work alongside the Project Manager to assist with bid presentations for clarification to the
- Experience with preparing comprehensive bid packages for submittal to the client.
- Monitor the win/loss ratio on bids to determine success rates and improve bidding strategy and
- Provide technical assistance such as interpretation of drawings, recommending construction methods, specify and solicit quotes on materials, tools and equipment.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines under
- Experience using electrical estimating software to conduct takeoffs.
- Competency in Microsoft applications to include Word, Excel, and
- Manage project files, drawings, documents & records in our project
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a
- Willing to work occasional evenings, weekends and
- Willing to attend bid walks and site visits requiring limited
- Background in electrical estimating, engineering, construction management, be a licensed electrician, or equivalent combination of education and
- 2-5 years of prior electrical, photovoltaic estimating experience, or a combination of education, estimating, and/or field
- A knowledge of electrical, photovoltaic (solar) construction and/or
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license that represents a history of safe & competent driving
- Must be able to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, and sit for long periods of time
- Must be physically capable of lifting and carrying up to 20