A3 Communications, a proud division of The Cook & Boardman Group, is one of America’s fastest growing systems integrators. Founded in 1990, A3 provides a broad range of IT and physical security solutions for public and private sectors, including: IP video surveillance; access control; enterprise networking; structured cabling; electrical services; unified communications; managed IT services; virtualization; storage and audio/visual solutions. Our highly certified and experienced staff offers comprehensive support and maintenance available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage estimation process to include interfacing with multiple representatives of sales, marketing, management, vendor and customer teams.
- Responsible for the associated cost estimate for mid-level, large and complex integrated Electrical projects.
- Analyze construction drawings and specifications to prepare compliant engineered solutions and associated cost estimates.
- Perform needs analysis meetings and job site walks with customers and the sales team.
- Interface with Vendors to obtain pricing.
- Maintain quality assurance by following organization standards.
- Gather proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents to identify labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends. Maintain cost data base by entering and backing up data
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications, or attending specific continuing education.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- College- or trade school-level education or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of general estimating experience directly related to Electrical construction projects is required.
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Ability to complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision.
- Ability to manage deadlines and have excellent follow-up skills in order to drive tasks to completion.
- Must be professional and polished in appearance and be comfortable speaking to Customers, small groups of managers and technical and/or facility personnel.
- The ability to interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Strong analytical and problem – solving skills, excellent organizational skills and communication skills. Detail – oriented.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Must be able to climb ladders, sit, bend, stoop, stand or walk for extended periods.
- Must be able to travel to job site locations.
- Ability to work in extreme weather and temperature conditions.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Must have minimal ability to stand, sit, squat, bend, kneel, twist, crawl, reach lift, balance, carry, push, and pull as required for light duties of standard office clerical positions.