Electrical Engineering Technical Lead, Interaction Lab, ATAP
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
As an Electrical Engineering Technical Lead, you will have a critical role in synthesizing prototypes and concepts into functional hardware at different levels. You will bring the most innovative product concepts to life to help us push the boundaries across emerging technologies and products.
You'll partner with our designers, researchers and engineers to define and deliver new features, test new concepts and assist with final implementation.
You work both independently and collaboratively in your projects, and will interface with members across the organization. You will use your experience to drive medium to large-sized tasks and projects while exercising considerable independent judgment and discretion.
One of the driving forces of innovation at Google is our Advanced Technologies and Projects (ATAP) team. ATAP is a fast-paced, solution-oriented group developing and executing projects at the point where emerging science/technology trends meet consumer needs, products and services. Googlers working on ATAP projects will create demonstrations and user experiences that appear magical, simple and wondrous—and deliver at lightning speeds.
- Deliver innovative, engaging prototypes using the latest hardware technologies.
- Advise, collaborate with, and synthesize feedback from UX designers and researchers, and members from across the organization.
- Fulfill several project requests simultaneously while working in a fast-paced environment.
- B.Sc. degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of work experience on PCB design, layout, fabrication as well as system’s software, firmware, driver development.
- Experience with rapid prototyping techniques and sensor technologies.
- Experience with C/C++ and Java.
- MSdegree in Electrical/Computer Engineering.
- 5 years of related work experience.
- Experience with driving sensor module suppliers and with sensor design and integration.
- Experience using C/C++ for firmware development and system software. Experience with low-level Android development (NDK).
- Experience using design tools: 3D CAD (SolidWorks, Rhino or equivalent).
- Proven ability to collaborate with designers, researchers, and engineers to develop new solutions.