This position is responsible for the electricalengineering project delivery teams in the Sacramento office, consisting of project managers, designers and Revit/CADD production staff. This position will report to the Senior Principal of that office and will collaborate with other Team Leads and Project Managers in various Stantec offices. This individual will be a high performance leader, and as such, the expectations for someone in this position are that they will bring their best efforts, ethics, skills, and energy to the position with a "company first" attitude.
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applies technical expertise to specific scopes of projects in an active design engineering role.
- Provides QC review on some of the projects being delivered by other PM's.
- Nurtures existing client relationships and forms new client relationships.
- Represents firm and pursues opportunities for new business.
- Directly manages and mentors staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and strengthens management skills.
- Balances workload within project delivery teams.
- Assists PM's with project issues and holds PM's accountable for meeting their project goals.
- Manages financial performance and billing of the group's projects.
- Hires, trains, manages staff in a performance management and accountable environment.
- Support and meet best practices and company policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor’s degree in ElectricalEngineering
- Minimum of 15years of experience in electricalengineering in the A/E/C industry
- PE Registration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supervising staff
- Has a history of successfully managing projects and project teams
- Is able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and functional understanding of AutoCAD and Revit
- Is able to work 40 hours or more per week and has availability to meet with clients, management and staff when needed
- Has a deep understanding, knowledge and experience designing electrical systems for healthcare, commercial, and civic projects
- OSHPD experience a strong preference.