If you are looking to work alongside technical experts in the power industry, use your expert knowledge and experience, enjoy traveling, then this position is for you! SEL Engineering Services, Inc. (SEL-ES) seeks a professional, innovative and detailed individual for our Project Engineer - Project Manager position in our Rogers, Minnesota office.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Possesses, understands and applies knowledge and experience in the full life-cycle project management of multiple large multi-discipline projects from proposal conception to commissioning and close-out. Effectively track and stabilize projects, implement solutions for obstacles and anticipate customer needs related SEL products in order to complete complex assignments.
- Lead in training and assisting customers with the creation, design configuration, validation, installation, commissioning and operation of automation and/or protection systems.
- Lead in assigning, completing and implementing work within agreed upon scope, schedule and budget to a high level of quality and safety.
- Lead others to create and finalize customer approved functional design specifications for projects.
- Assist in the identification, preparation and presentation of successful proposals for SEL equipment, services, and systems.
- Provide support for other SEL marketing, sales, application engineering and development activities.
- Mentor and develop professional staff. May supervise as necessary.
- Model, teach, and apply SEL Values, Principles of Operations, and World Class Manufacturing Principles.
- Understand. Create. Simplify.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.S. In Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline
- 6+ years relevant application experience with electric power systems, industry practices, and project management practices and philosophies
- Demonstrated knowledge of electric power system protection and control, integration and/or automation and communications applications
- Demonstrated proven knowledge of electric power system design, studies, information and communication technology and protective relay applications
- Willing to travel both domestically and internationally a minimum of 25% based on the management of the project.
- Strong writing, documentation, and speaking skills
- Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment
- Background check results satisfactory to SEL
- Negative drug test result(s)
- Professional Engineer License or equivalent certification
- Electrical utility, industrial plant, consulting engineering, or system integrator experience
- Project management experience
- Working knowledge of Vision or other project management tracking software.