Industry: Aerospace & Defense•
11 - 15 years
Posted 35 days ago
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Purpose of this position is to manage and lead a team of engineers to support the design, verification and testing of in-house developed EGSE hardware used by multiple programs. Position is one of high visibility requiring the ability to work with all levels of management.
Manager will have hands-on involvement with Electrical Ground Support Equipment (EGSE) in these areas:
1. Develop and streamline processes associated with EGSE design and manufacturing
2. Provide continuous process improvement oversight for EGSE designs
3. Oversee EGSE design concepts to make the designs manufacturable and producible
4. Standardize EGSE designs to increase commonality across programs and to increase testability
5. Work with manufacturing and Operations counterparts to accomplish many of the above tasks.
6. Devise maintenance and repair concepts of operation to support the EGSE customers
Manage and lead a team of 15 to 20 engineers:
1.Ensure engineers on the team are fully engaged and properly tasked to support assigned products. When team is not fully tasked, it is the manager's responsibility to define additional tasks.
2.Ensure group is in compliance to command media
3.Ensure command media is up to date.
4.Responsible to approve timesheets and perform year-end reviews.
5.Involved in reviewing resumes and interviewing potential candidates to support group
Bachelor of Electrical Engineering plus 10 years experience
Must have experience with the following: EGSE design and validation; troubleshooting EGSE to root-cause; test procedures and manufacturing/test.