Within the Global Electrical, Embedded, and Connected Systems Team, this role will lead the Control Systems Team in the platforming and development of electronic control units, components, and diagnostic systems. Your team will work with the vehicle product teams to integrate these subsystems and meet the needs of multiple product families, their platforms, and derivatives. You will provide technical insight, steer strategic decision-making, and build/improve control systems capability and competencies. You and your team will instrumental in scanning for new technologies, ideating and developing advanced products, and selecting suppliers and partners for product development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the team to develop department strategy, product platforming plans, and execution plans that align with the GEECS Strategy, Global Business Unit (GBU) product requirements, and the needs of the organization.
- Responsible for the development of innovative control system/subsystem concepts and testing; identify and prioritize new features/concepts/technologies/innovations that warrant patent protection and execute.
- Leads the team in system/subsystem design including tradeoff analyses, component design or selection, supplier and/or partner selection, make vs. buy decisions, etc. leveraging the Polaris Product Development Process while meeting targets in quality, warranty, cost, performance, schedule, etc.
- Leads the development of control systems development-related competencies, processes, tools, training, industry standards, certification and regulatory requirements, etc. within engineering & cross-functionally; collaborates and influences cross-functionally with service, manufacturing, etc. as needed.
- Responsible for employee hiring, compensation recommendations, and discipline.
- Motivates, coaches, develops and directs employees (local and remote) to further organizational objectives and promote employee development.Focuses on integrating and steering a multi-cultural and multidisciplinary team.
- Develops, manages and controls departmental budget, resource plans, and project estimation & prioritization while serving the needs of multiple Global Business Units.
- Leads and promotes analysis led design activities and capability development to enable continuously increasing efficiency in decision making earlier in the development process; collaborates with ALD team.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's and/or master's degree in engineering required; Electrical, Mechatronics, Software Engineering preferred; MBA is a plus
- 5-10+ years of experience in a fast-paced product development environment including 3+ years of leadership experience required
- Experience with control systems/subsystems development and testing (including diagnostics and communications) required
- Familiarity with current and emerging vehicle controls technologies & major trends strongly preferred
- Experience with complex system tradeoff analyses, troubleshooting, risk management (project & technical including but not limited to HARA, DFMEA, DRBFM, FuSa methodologies), etc. strongly preferred
- Excellent communication, critical thinking, negotiation, leadership, and influencing skills required
- Strong business acumen and understanding of corporate finance preferred
- Powersports riding experience (Motorcycle and/or ORV) strongly preferred. Riding/driving experience with hybrids and/or EVs desired.