Description of Role and Duties
CSAT Solutions has always emphasized that outstanding people are the key to our success. We know that outstanding candidates are looking for challenging career opportunities. If you are a highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit, CSAT Solutions may have a career for you. We invite you to explore the current opportunities available at CSAT Solutions. We are currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the role of Engineering Manager 2 for our computer repair operations in Houston, TX.
Provide leadership of a diverse organization of Process, Test, and NPI engineers responsible for developing high volume repair solutions for Motherboards (PCB). Effectively partner with Operations, Quality and the Business team to exceed customer expectations through innovative solutions to our customer’s toughest problems. Ensure project schedules are on track, and that priorities are clearly understood across the cross-functional team and the customer. Lead cross-functional initiatives between operations, quality, engineering and business teams, that may also serve multiple accounts or customers.
Role and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership for a group of engineers and engineeringtechnicians
- Direct the day-to-day activities of staff supporting customer production, introducing new products, and improving process performance
- Take accountability to achieve goals by setting clear objectives for the team and employee based on company and customer priorities and their technical career development
- Manage engineering capital and manpower expenses required to support production, on-board new products or customers
- Drive continuous improvement through Lean and Six Sigma
- Identify new technologies to reduce cost and waste to enhance and improve company service lines
- Manage projects to improve process performance, including prioritizing project schedules, planning, and execution
- Develop and deliver effective presentations as required to the customer and company executives
- Lead in the interview process of new prospective employees within the function, and participates in that process for peer areas
- Assign, direct, and evaluate team performance and oversee the development and maintenance of staff’s capabilities
- Perform administrative functions such as reviewing and writing reports, approving expenditures, enforcing rules and procedures, and making decisions about the purchase of materials or services
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams on accomplishing organizational objective
Skills, Education and Training
- BS (Masters preferred) in engineering or equivalent experience, in a technical field such as PCBA manufacturing, SMT process or test engineering.
- Minimum 4years’ experience managing technical personnel
- Minimum 7years’ experience managing technical issues in support of PCBA repair, rework, or manufacturing activities
- Advanced familiarity with and application of IPC-610 and IPC-7711/21 standards
- Advanced technical problem solving and data analytics skills - Six Sigma Green belt or Shainin process improvement experience and mini tab experiencepreferred
- Applicable PCBA component level trouble-shooting and diagnostics experience, as well as, familiarity with Personal Computer hardware are required.
- Circuit Design experience is a plus.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required, especially on technical topics.
- MS Office (advance Excel) Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, and Project
Job Type: Full-time
- ElectricalEngineering: 6years