Generac Power Systems - Work with the leader in the power industry! Our Corporate Headquarters in Waukesha, WI, is seeking an Engineering Manager to join our expanding Remote Monitoring team. This role will lead a team of Firmware Engineers, Hardware Engineers, and supporting technicians.
The Engineering Manager is responsible for all engineering activities including new product introductions, cost reduction, technology/research, and lifecycle product support. The position requires excellent technical engineering knowledge coupled with superior people leadership skills, proficiency in quality systems, functional and program management experience and business planning expertise. This position works closely with the business group and other functional leaders in the company (service, operations, supply chain, finance) and is responsible for providing executive leadership and management for the industrial/commercial engineering function. Responsible for devising and effectively implementing a development methodology that ensures superior industrial/commercial products while also fostering and rewarding innovation and creativity within the engineering department.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works directly with stakeholders in developing a global product development roadmap that targets specific customers' needs.
- Work with leaders to realize significant growth opportunities in the residential/industrial/commercial marketplace.
- Effectively manage the development process (e.g. develop time compression techniques, design/application standards for improved repeatability, manage process globally/across multiple locations).
- Manages issues specific to industrial/commercial market such as shipping, cost, and bidding process.
- Foster collaboration between engineering, sales, operations, finance, and other departments to identify and harvest new engineering concepts, technologies, techniques, standards and procedures.
- Manage expenses ensure regulatory compliance and support corporate goals (e.g. revenue growth, profitability, market penetration).
- Provide engineering leadership and design oversight functions for new product development projects including: creating and maintaining development schedules, executing product development plans (schedule, product cost, resources to complete project, quality targets, product specification adherence, development and prove out of product validation test plans, etc.), interfacing with internal company personnel.
- Ensure the optimal application of technology and engineering resources to meet industrial/commercial product development requirements, per the sales/marketing plan.
- Develop and lead the product development life cycle which includes interaction from the various business segments throughout design, manufacturability, and serviceability providing our customers the very best in innovation, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Create and maintain an organizational culture which encourages innovation, collaboration, excitement/commitment and a sense of urgency toward goals, and continuous improvement. Challenges team members to question the status quo and ensure that all aspects of the design, development and support process are optimal for the industrial/commercial market.
- Designs and directs the work of the team. Selects, coaches and develops staff. Sets clear expectations to inspire and motivate the team. Manages performance-- recognizing achievement, providing feedback and administering progressive discipline when necessary.
- Engage in and lead business planning processes, recruitment, retention, talent acquisition, development, and mentoring.
- Develop engineering talent throughout the company, identifying training and growth plans for employees.
- Establish the vision and strategy to drive world class excellence within engineering team. Drive results that are specifically targeted to the residential/industrial/commercial market. Establishes and leads process with corporate planning and new product development teams.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Physical demands:
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 10 years of engineering experience, preferably in an industrial / commercial products environment;
- 5 years of management experience;
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Knowledge of Agile development methods;
- Experience with global product releases throughout the entire product life cycle desired;
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results while working on multiple global projects simultaneously, balancing resources, timing and quality of outcomes.