Growing electrical products manufacturer is looking for an Electrical Engineering Manager to add to their leadership team.
To lead electrical engineering team in designing products and solutions as required by customer specifications, quotations, project budgets, and other pertinent documentation.
I. Key Responsibilities
· Manage, lead, and provide guidance and direction for the electrical engineering and design team.
· Maintain department training/qualification program.
· Participate in weekly production meetings covering all projects within the organization.
· Oversee electrical design for all projects within the organization.
· Schedule electrical engineering and design resources.
· Read and interpret customer job specifications, quotations, project budgets, and other project specific information.
· Create and approve Bill of Materials (BOMs) and order materials.
· Create and approve all required drawings (approval, shop, and as-built).
· Ensure that latest version of drawings have been submitted to shop and customer.
· Create and approve manuals.
· Monitor electrical engineering and design costs for all projects within the organization.
· Minimize amount of rework required after Release to Manufacturing (RTM).
· Attend project related meetings, conference calls, etc. as required to resolve issues, provide status updates, and ensure on-time delivery.
· Assist in cost analysis on products.
· Provide sales support as required.
· Provide technical assistance for inspectors, customers, and other stakeholders.
· Manage multiple complex projects simultaneously.
· Perform these and other related duties with little to no direct supervision.
II. Responsibilities, Skills, Experience, and Requirements
· BS Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical Technology or related area.
· MS Degree in Electrical Engineer is preferred.
· Professional Engineering (PE) Certification if preferred.
· Minimum 10 years of experience in an Engineering role.
· Strong leadership and demonstrated ability to coach and develop direct reports is required. Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
· Strong financial acumen and demonstrated experience with managing multiple project budgets is required.
· Must be entrepreneurial and results oriented with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a high speed, high pressure environment.
· Excellent professional written and oral communication skills are required.
· Working knowledge and ability to apply NEC, ANSI, UL, and other codes and standards as they apply to specific projects.
· Expert level understanding of Medium and Low Voltage electrical power systems and relay applications.
· Able to read/edit/create electrical drawings, such as single line, wiring diagrams, etc.
· Expert level computer skills using Microsoft Office, ERP Systems, CAD Programs, etc.
· Innovative in nature, with ability and desire to improve existing products.
· Learn policies and procedures, work instruction, ISO policies, Safety Rules and Regulations, and vendor products.
· Perform other related duties as assigned.
· Reports to Vice President – CA Operations
· Regular internal interaction with: Direct Reports, Estimating, Sales, Project Management, All Production Disciplines, Purchasing, Quality Assurance, and Shipping
· Regular external interaction with: Customers, Sales Representatives, and Suppliers/vendors